Monday, September 19, 2011

Veterans' Chapel

Don't you love it when God gives you a vision?

9/11 rocked my world like no other date in history ... except my proposal / wedding to Amanda and the birth of each of my children, Sophia and Angus. Nothing else has shaped me or made my path so direct as 9/11.

That being said, despite the calling God put on my life on that day, there have been some areas within the course of the last 10 years about which I knew nothing. But that's a good thing. God doesn't call us to walk by sight ... He calls us to walk by faith and we work that out as we walk on that faith journey.

Translate that to blue-collar speak ... and what we have is the vision or objective that we work towards by setting goals, working to those goals, reaching those goals, and then readjusting fire to set a new series of goals for greater achievement ... right? Well, almost.

Walking by faith simply means to trust that something hope will happen ... believe will happen ... will, in fact, occur. That's the beauty of faith: you want it to happen and with everything in you, you pray, work towards, and hope beyond hope (if there even is a thing) that "This too shall [come to] pass."

All that to say this: Veterans Chapel is the next phase of my faith walk.

More to follow ...

1 comment: