Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Truth


September 20, 2011

Tonight I began facilitating my first course of Financial Peace University. Of the 12 who said that they would be attending, only four showed: one retired Service Member, a SSG, a MAJ, and a LTC. Despite having small numbers at our FPU preview session, I was really encouraged and excited about the possibilities of what might happen in our lives if we choose to follow where Dave is leading and has already been.
            One of the things that Dave mentions in the preview is the reality that even though you might get 98% of it, truth by its very definition is only truth if it’s 100%.  I absolutely agree with that statement. Dr. Don Ragland (Ragland & Riley Vet. Clinic) challenged me to think that way when he was discussing evolution and intelligent design with our youth group. He said something to the effect that all truth – any truth for that matter – will lead to God. I absolutely agree with that statement as well.
            The point being this: Jesus clearly says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” To finish that verse (John 14:6) He continues by saying, “No man comes to the Father but through me.” The argument for and against absolute truths has gone on for a long time now but the fact remains that unless otherwise impeded by some other entity (like a suspension bridge) or superseded by some other law (like with an airplane), gravity is gravity and what goes up must come down.
            So what does all this have to do with learning how to “live like no one else so that you can live like no one else?” I’m excited for those of us who have taken a chance at finding the correct azimuth again when it comes to how we manage our money. Cheer for us while we go on this little adventure.

The page listens to me without bias. J

No comments:

Post a Comment