Thursday, October 27, 2011

Who Dares Wins

This is one of my all-time, favorite quotes ... "Who Dares Wins." The first time I saw it was on a poster I had hanging on my bedroom wall of the 80's Metal band, W.A.S.P. Though i didn't realize it's origins for many more years, I can still remember thinking that quote had "stones" about it.

The actual quote is the motto for the British S.A.S. If you're not familiar with who they are then I suggest you dig a little deeper! :)

A year or so ago I ran across another quote - but can't remember where I got it - and assimilated the two:

"If you think you are beaten, you are. If you think you dare not, you don't. If you'd like to win but think you can't, it's almost certain you won't. Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, but sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can ... Who Dares Wins!"

That's how God calls us to live! I hate beat down Christian attitude. God never intended for any of us to live defeated ... Particularly not Christians! I think that's why so many non-believers don't "buy into the whole Jesus thing." They don't see it's worth in the "Christians" living beside them.

Here's the reality saints: life is tough. Life is gonna kick you square in the stones and you're the one who has to decide if you're gonna take it lying down or if you're gonna turn around and kick it right back. God calls us to think on the good things and He also calls is to live life abundantly. Why else we He offer to take your yoke and give you his?

"But you, man of God, flee from all this and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness." - 1 Timothy 6:11

Fight the good fight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment